|Birth Date||September 1|
|Eye Color||Dark Green|
|Affiliation||High School Student|
|Family|| Megumi Iida (Mother)
Muneo Iida (Father)
|Debut|| Chapter 1 (Manga) |
Episode 1 (Anime)
Kotori Iida (飯田 小鳥 Iida Kotori) is a student in high school and often hangs out with Kōhei Inuzuka (the math teacher) after school. Kouhei and Kotori usually cook together alongside Tsumugi Inuzuka (Kouhei's only daughter).
Kotori is a slim and beautiful teenage girl with waist-length jet black hair that has bangs hanging over her face and on the both sides (at school, she styles her hair in two styles She unties her hair when she is at school, whilst she ties her hair back in a ponytail when she is in the restaurant cooking with Kōhei Inuzuka and Tsumugi Inuzuka), dark green eyes and a curvaceous body.
She also seem to have bandage on her left ring finger, probably due to cutting herself with a knife. She wears red glasses at school. At school, she wears the standard girl's uniform that consists of a white button-up shirt, a red ribbon, a burgundy skirt, knee-length socks and brown loafers.
Kotori has a tenderhearted disposition who can be quite prone to her emotions that she is often seen alone in school and seems to always have something to eat during breaks. She is shy and soft-spoken and likes to help others even if she is timid. Later in the manga, she develops feelings for Kōhei Inuzuka, but she knows he can't accept them since he is a teacher and she is a student. As the series progresses you see, her start to noticeably mature and become more confident as a person.
Kotori's parents are divorced and she is staying with Megumi Iida (Kotori's mother) since then. She has a great trauma towards knives because of badly injuring herself when she was younger. This created a big hindrance towards her passion for cooking seeing as she cannot bear even holding them. Kotori met Tsumugi Inuzuka and Kōhei Inuzuka during a flower viewing season. This resulted to them having an arrangement of helping each other with regards of cooking a couple days in a month together to benefit each other- Kōhei providing Tsumugi more home-cooked meals and Kotori to feel less alone in their restaurant and increase her capacity in cooking.
- Megumi Iida - Megumi is Kotori's mother who is often absent in the restaurant and at their house because of the hectic schedule of her work. Due to this, it has put a slight strain on their relationship. Kotori felt annoyed whenever her mother fails to keep a promise- especially when she tells her that she will be at the restaurant to meet Kōhei and Tsumugi. Regardless of the misunderstandings, they still manage to resolve their relationship. She might have some suspicion of her daughter's feelings for Kohei though it hasn't been confirmed.
- Kōhei Inuzuka - Kotori is aware of Kōhei's determination on teaching himself how to cook so that he could provide Tsumugi a proper meal without relying on standard bentos. Kotori offered to help and though Kōhei did not accept it at first, the problem was then resolved. She wants to cherish the moments she spends with both Kōhei and Tsumugi as it makes her very happy. Later on with another friend, while not naming him directly she essentially says she now wants to be with both him and Tsumugi.
- Tsumugi Inuzuka - Tsumugi adores Kotori and is very ecstatic whenever they are going to be cooking at the restaurant. She immediately approved of cooking with Kotori when Kotori first brought it up. Tsumugi trusts and relies on Kotori and it is furthermore proven when Kotori was the first person she thought of going to when Kōhei got sick.
- Shinobu Kojika - Kotori and Sinobu attended the same elementary school but they never met formally. They became best friends by middle school and although Shinobu is in a different class, she still makes time and stops by Kotori's room during lunch to visit her. She is happy to see Kotori smiling a lot whenever she is with Kōhei and Tsumugi.
- Yagi Yuusuke - Kotori first mistakenly thought that Yagi had kidnapped Tsumugi when she saw them roaming around. She thought that Yagi was bribing Tsumugi by giving her a lot of food and even mistook a cigarette-like chocolate stick as a real cigarette that Yagi was offering Tsumugi. She then realized that Yagi is a good friend to Kōhei and is kind despite his appearance. Yagi helps them cook sometimes.
- Her name Kotori means "small" (小) (ko) and "bird" (鳥) (tori).
- Kotori's surname Iida means "cooked grains, meal" and "rice paddy".